This brief article is intended for people new to web hosting. If this is your first time creating a website, start here.
For any company doing business in the 21st century, setting up an online portal is prerequisite and can determine the success or failure of your venture.
Whether it’s through a social media page, a company-branded email or a website, an online presence will help you attract new customers and strengthen relationships with your existing ones.
By engaging customers online, you can find new customers and grow your business.
The advantages the internet offers are limitless and can help your business not only get off the ground, but thrive in a competitive marketplace.
Here are the three steps needed to bring your business online:
Taking your business online has the following benefits:
- Makes it easy for customers to find your business.
- Advertises your business and provides important information.
- Acts as a convenient feedback form.
- Increases your company responsiveness and survival
- Help you reach the global market.
- No longer restricted by location.
There are a number of ways you can present your company online.
Web presence may be as simple as a contacts page, or as complex as a large company website with access to an ERP system.
Getting your business online is as easy as following these three steps:
- Registration of a domain name.
- Selection of a web hosting package.
- Creating your website.
Registering a Domain Name
Think of the domain name as your business' address.
Your customers will use it to find you online, so make sure that it is a good one. The best domain names are short, easy to type, and easy to remember.
An example of a domain name is www.example.com.
Our support team can assist you when you want to register a domain name as well.
Our web hosting services is bundled with domain name registration offers, and our support team can assist you when you want to register a domain name as well.
Caution: When registering a domain name through a hosting provider, make sure that it is registered in your name. Otherwise, you may have trouble if you decide to change your hosting provider in the future.
Purchasing a Customer Account
Purchasing a customer account is much like leasing business premises - it is the space and infrastructure that will house your website.
It includes Internet connectivity, disk space to store your website content, and so on.
We have made this very easy and all the steps needs have been automated so you don't have to do much lifting.
Creating Your Website
There are three ways to create the content for your website. Each has its advantages and disadvantages. Here is a short summary of all three:
- Use Presence Builder. The Presence Builder tool that comes bundled with our Plesk hosting and allows you to create websites using a web interface. You can use one of the provided templates to create a professional-looking website in a matter of minutes.
- Use a Content Management System. Content Management Systems (CMS for short) are third-party applications that enable you to create and maintain a website. They are highly versatile, and come with a large number of optional add-ons. CMS offer greater degree of customization as compared to Presence Builder, but demand more technical knowledge from the user.
- Employ a Professional Designer and Upload Content. This option guarantees you will get exactly what you want. However, it is also the most expensive one. The web designer will provide you with the files you will need to upload to your hosting account. You can do it using SFTP or the File Manager.
This is just a preamble of our Plesk tutorial. We will explore more options to guide at each stage of the journey.
Welcome to ordercloudserver.com.