When you enable push notifications, you will receive updates whenever a new message arrives in your inbox.
This assumes that you have completed steps found at cPanel Email Tutorials and How To Setup A cPanel Email Account On Your Computer, Smart-phone or Mobile Device
Step 1: Prepare Your Device ConfigurationTo ensure that the device itself is ready to receive push notifications you must restart the Mail app.
To restart the Mail app, perform the following steps:
- Open the Mail app on your iOS device.
- Double-click the Home button.
- Swipe up to close the Mail app.
- In the Mail app, swipe down (to perform a manual fetch).
Please note that if the above steps do not successfully initiate push notifications, you may need to restart your device.
For more information about how to close an app, read Apple's Force an app to close documentation.
Step 2: Enabling Lock Screen NotificationsTo add preferred contacts to VIP to enable lock screen notifications, perform the following steps:
- Open the Mail app.
- Tap Mailboxes (✉) in the top left corner.
- Tap the information (ⓘ) symbol from the VIP menu.
- Tap Add VIP….
- Select the contacts you wish to add to lock screen notifications.